Christchurch Netball Centre Volunteer Awards
We encourage clubs to nominate people who have contributed significantly (5-10 years) to netball within your club and / or centre / region. Nominations are open until around 15 September each year.
Netball New Zealand Nomination forms for Life membership and Service Awards.
NNZ Life Membership Award
NNZ Service Award
"Volunteers do not necessarily have the time; they just have the heart "
Thanks to our over 100 volunteers who have so graciously given us precious time to deliver netball to the many players, teams and clubs in our Centre. We are truly grateful for your time and efforts - that is graders, bench officials, umpires, representative team officials, office staff and others - you are wonderful and very much appreciated.
A great Opening Day Volunteers Breakfast was held on 4 May with Jane Huria, Chair of the Canterbury Earthquake Appeal Trust, Advisory Board in attendance. Jane explained the reasoning behind granting CNC $360k towards courts refurbishment and congratulated the centre on its efforts to date to ensure quality netball experiences are had by all.
We have new volunteers working in the office, grading, representative personnel and on our three operational committees - we welcome them all on board and hope they enjoy their time with the Centre. These volunteers are out and about during the day and are identifiable by badges worn.
Code of Practice for Volunteers
To promote excellence in service and maximise the quality of my experience as a volunteer, I will:
- Recognise my own motives for being a volunteer and ensure that Christchurch Netball is aware of these.
- Seek opportunities to assist that are appropriate to my skills, interests and aspirations.
- Be committed to give high quality service.
- Consider opportunities for extension and personal development.
- Carry out all work I agree to do responsibly and ethically within the timeframes required.
- Speak out about any concerns that might affect my work relationships or quality of service.
- See myself as a valued team member with the right to contribute to decisions which affect my input.
- Value and support other team members
it's not what you say
it's not what you do
it's how you make people feel
Life Members CHRISTCHURCH NETBALL LIFE MEMBERS
Service Awards CHRISTCHURCH NETBALL SERVICE AWARDS